Brief about E-way BillSurender Kumar / 2020-02-01 10:31:35
What is meant by E-way Bill?
- It is a document for tracking goods in transit introduced under the Goods and Services Tax.
- It is a document to be carried by the person in charge of conveyance, generated electronically from the common portal.
When businesses eligible to generate an E-way bill?
E-Way bill only generated by those businesses that get GST Registration Online through goods and services common portal. Website: https://www.gst.gov.in/.
Obtain E-way bill portal access?
Need to generate an E-way bill, taxpayers have to register under the E-Way bill portal with the usage of GSTIN number. To obtain GSTIN number taxpayers need to submit the GST Registration Online application form.
#Objectives behind the generation of E-way bill
- Single Bill for movement of the goods throughout the country.
- It helps in the prevention of evasion of tax.
- Free movement of goods across India without any hassle.
- E-way Bill number can help in tracking the movement of goods.
- Officers can easily verify the E-way Bill.
Information to be provided for generating E-way Bill
The information to be provided while generating E-way Bill are-
- GSTIN of recipient
- Place of delivery
- Invoice Number
- Invoice date
- Value of goods
- HSN code etc.
#Benefits of E-Way Bill
The major benefits of the E-Way Bill system are:
- As per VAT regimes, the traders need not visit tax offices to collect and submit the E-Way Bill forms
- Speeding up the process of verification and allowing the vehicle to pass faster.
- Self-regulation by traders as trader’s while filling the bill gives the identification of the buyer accounts for the transaction automatically.
- It is an environment-friendly initiative as it saves paper
- Generation of GSTR-1 returns is auto prepared, hence uploading of details is made simpler
- Monotonous work of officials is ended which included collecting and matching the manual waybill with the returns of the taxpayers.
The requirement of E-Way Bill
GST E-way bill is required for the following cases if a taxable person under GST
#The validity of E-way Bill
The E-way bill once generated is valid as per under:-
Any cargo is considered as "Over Dimensional Cargo" that is carried as a single indivisible unit that exceeds the dimensional limits as per rule 93 of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989.
#Different Modes of E-way bill generation
2- Excel tool
3- Mobile, SMS & App
#Different Options of E-way bill
The different options available include
1- Generate New
2- Generate Bulk
3- Update Part B /Vehicle
4- UPDATE Vehicle Bulk
5- Change to Multi-vehicle
6- Extend Validity
7- Update EWB Transporter
8- Update EWB Transporter-Bulk
10- Print EWB