Checking GST Refunds Online in 2021Hemlata khandelwal / 2021-07-09 06:22:25
To begin, we must understand what GST is.
It is a sales tax on goods and services that is focused on the destination. It is suggested that it be levied at all levels, from manufacture to final use, with a set off for previous taxes charged. In a nutshell, only value addition would be assessed, with the tax burden falling on the final purchaser.
Any person, who is demanding interest paid by him or any amount, may make an application in the specified form and manner to an officer of higher rank of CGST/ IGST/ UTGST/ SGST before the expiry of two years from the relevant period - Section 54(1) of the CGST Act.
Process after Refund Application
When the application is for a refund from the electronic cash ledger, the claimant will receive an acknowledgment in Form GST RFD-02 from the claim filing date is clearly mentioned on the famous portal - Rule 2(1) of the Refund Rules.
- The application for a refund, rather than a claim for a refund from an electronic cash ledger, must be forwarded to the proper officer, who must examine the application for completeness within fifteen days of its filing and include an acknowledgment in form GST RFD-02 if the application is found to be complete in terms of sub-rule (2), (3), and (4) of rule 1. – Refund Rules Rule 2(2)
- Defects communicated in type GST RFD-03 under the SGST Rules are also deemed to have been communicated under this Regulation, along with deficiencies communicated under rules 2(3)–2(4) of the Refund Rules [and vice versa].
- Any refund claim must be submitted using Form GST RFD – 01. However, you can seek a refund of the balance in your electronic cash ledger by monthly/quarterly GST returns Filing in Form GSTR 3, GSTR 4, or GSTR 7, as applicable, for the specific period.
- When the proper officer is satisfied that the claim is not admissible, he will send the claimant a notice in Form GST RFD-08 requiring him to respond in Form GST RFD-09 within fifteen days, after which he will approve or deny the refund claim and issue an order in Form GST RFD-06 only.
- Log in to your account with valid credentials at the GST Portal.
- Go to ‘Services’ -> ‘Refunds’ -> ‘Track Application Status
- Enter the ARN of the refund application, or choose the applicable financial year for which the refund application was filed. The result of the quest will be shown.
- To see the ‘Payment Advice Status,' scroll to the right. If the bank account validation fails, you can change the bank account by clicking the ‘Update Bank Account' button under the Bank Validation Status section.
- A page will appear where you can update your bank account details. Click ‘Proceed' after choosing the appropriate account number. When a message appears on the screen asking if you are sure you want to update the bank account for that specific ARN, select ‘Proceed.'
- Select the approved signatory and file with DSC/EVC by checking the box in the declaration area. To validate filing, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile phone, which must be entered.
- The bank account will be successfully updated, and a message will appear at the top of the screen.