Difference between FSSAI license and Registration/ 2021-05-22 04:48:07
Major differences in FSSAI License & FSSAI Registration
Both FSSAI registration and its license are required for any FBO to start their work in storage, construction, transportation, etc. services. In India the FSSAI regulate the registration or licensing of food businesses. The requirement of FSSAI registration online and FSSAI license are determined on the shape and ethos of your market. The Difference between the License of FSSAI and registration describe here.
Difference between FSSAI license and Registration
The FSSAI registration online is needed for FBOs that are running a small food business. The small food business operator is a unit here.
FSSAI registration eligibility
- Manufacture or sell any eatery product by itself or through any other small retailer; or
- A small hawker, traveling dealer, or temporary stall owner; or
- A every son distributing food to any virtuous or community meeting except a caterer; or
- Other food businesses, for example- a miniature ruler or cot labor-related to small markets of food with a yearly turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakh .
Process for enlisting FSSAI registration:
- Submit of a formal request to the authority to the department of Food and Safety with (Form A).
- The department may submit a formal request to the authority for registration or otherwise reject it to the full satisfaction.
- The department will inform the situation of the application inside seven days by the application submission date.
- The department will give notice of writing judgment
- After accepting the application, the certificate of FSSAI Registration via the department will have the number of registration and the applicant’s original photo.
- When starting a market, the FBO should release a FSSAI Registration certificate at the business place.
There have some types FSSAI licenses.
- State License
- Central License
The license of FSSAI is contracted through the FBO which does not operate small businesses i.e. average and general FBOs. It is required to for FBO to obtain a license of central and state as per the shape of their trade
A huge trade/business of processing, manufacturing, a trade of international and transporting the food products requires a central FSSAI license. While a medium-sized manufacturer, processor, or transporter requires an FSSAI state license.
Eligibility for FSSAI license:
- State FSSAI License:
Eligibility on the basis of processing units and production:
- All food processing units, including manufacturer and processor who exceeding the limit of 100 kg/liter to 2 kg of process the food every day.
- Dairy units cum milk horrifying or frightening units which are equipped for handling or processing
501 liters of milk every day to 50,000 liters of milk every day or higher than 2.5 liters/Kg of milk solids every year.
- Vegetable oil processing units that produce vegetable oil through solvent extraction process and refineries including oil extraction unit whose turnover exceeding 12 lakhs every year.
- Slaughter Units for the
Big animals is Higher than 2 and least 50. And Small animals is Higher than 10 and least 50. And for the Poultry bird the birds higher than 50 and least 1000.
- Meat Processing Units who needs to take FSSAI license for that they have the processing of 5001 kg/liters every day or 150 kg/liters every year
Eligibility on the basis of turnover:
- The turnover for Retailor is over 20 crores to get the FSSAI license.
- Wholesaler whose turnover is over the rupees 30 crores is eligible for FSSAI license.
- Supplier whose Turnover is over the rupees 20 crores.
- Distributor whose Turnover is higher than 20 crores rupees.
Central FSSAI License
Eligibility on the basis of processing’s:
- All the food processing units, including manufacturer, and producers who’s exceeding the production from 2 kg/liters every day.
- Dairy units cum milk horrifying or frightening units which are equipped for handling or processing the milk which is Higher than the 50,000 liters of milk production every day, and also Higher than the 2500 liters/kg of milk solids every year.
- Vegetable oil processing units and units that produce vegetable oil through solvent extraction process and refineries including oil extraction unit that extract the oil Over 2 liters/kg every day.
- Slaughter Units in which Big animal is Higher than 50 every day and Small animals is Higher than 150 every day and all the Poultry bird is Over 1000 every day.
- Meat Processing Units who process the unit Higher than 5001 million meat every day or 150 kg/litters every year.
Eligibility on the basis of turnover:
- Wholesalers whose Turnover of the capital is higher than 30 crores rupees are eligible for FSSAI license.
- Retailer whose Business turnover is crosses Rs. 20 crores are eligible for FSSAI license.
- Distributor whose Turnover of the capital is higher than 20 crores are eligible for FSSAI license.
- Supplier whose Turnover of the capital is higher than 20 crores are eligible for FSSAI license.
Process for enlisting FSSAI license:
- FSSAI will submit a formal request to the authority to the department of FBO to obtain a license by filing (Form B).
- The application should have an attachment containing affidavit, self-declaration, and attachment as applicable.
- This license is granted by the eatable Business manipulator for a period of 1 to 5 years as every the request of the time limit.
- The application fee will increase with the increase
- A license may be renewed via applying.
These all are the points that Difference between FSSAI license and Registration.