How to earn by starting drumstick farmingHemlata Khandelwal / 2021-09-24 09:15:59
What is Drumstick Farming?
Drumstick, which is called drumstick in English language, is a medicinal plant. It has been named Moringa Oleifera in the language of scientists. However, it is also known by different names in different regions.
What is the market demand of drumstick farming business?
Market Demand of Drumstick farming business
Many types of medicines are made from this plant, so its demand remains very high not only in the country but also abroad. After cultivating it, its export work is also very high. Therefore, cultivating drumstick can prove to be a very profitable business for you. A lot of money can be earned by sowing its crop at very low cost.
What are the features and benefits of drumstick farming?
Features and Benefits of Drumstick Farming:
- The important feature of Drumstick plants is that when we once sown its seeds, it lasts for 4 years, that is, sowing is not required for 4 years. It grows on its own every year.
- Neither does it require much land, nor much water, nor does it have to be maintained much. That is, it is very easy and beneficial to cultivate it by doing overall tax.
- You do not even need to take separate land for cultivating drumstick, you can also produce it with other crops.
- For the cultivation of drumstick, special care has to be taken that its cultivation should be done in a hot place. Because it does not grow well in cold places.
- Drumstick flowers also play, which bloom only in the temperature of more than 25 to 30 degree Celsius. People use its flowers to make vegetables.
- Sowing of drumstick crop is done only twice a year. For drumstick cultivation the soil should be dry or smooth sandy, because it is cultivated well in it.
- The age of the drumstick tree is 10 years, in which it flourishes well.
- The main varieties of drumstick are Coimbatore 2, 1, P.K. M.1, and P.K. M. 2 etc.
- Along with the flowers of drumstick, vegetables of this fruit are also made, even people make salads of its leaves and eat it, so people like to eat it because of the medicinal properties of drumstick flowers, fruits and leaves. And it is also very good for health.
- According to Ayurveda practitioners, this is a plant that protects against more than 300 diseases. It also makes your immunity very strong. The oil extracted from drumstick seeds is used to make a variety of medicines.
- Talking about the nutrients found in drumstick plants, it contains 90 vitamins, 46 anti-oxidants and 18 types of amino acids.
How to do Drumstick Farming?
You can cultivate drumstick in 1 acre of land, in which you can sow at least 1200 seeds. To cultivate drumstick, you have to sow its seeds in the day time, sow it in dry soil. For this you have to make a 1 foot wide and deep pit. And there it has to be sown. After this fill it with loose soil and also add compost. The distance of 2 seeds should not be less than 5 cm. After this, keep giving little water in it, keep in mind that it does not require much water. Within 12 days the plant will start growing. After sowing it, it is enough to take care of it a little bit. After sowing, when it flourishes well, then harvest and sort it and earn by selling it in the market at a good price.
Total Cost in Drumstick Farming Business
You need to invest only 50 to 60 thousand rupees for the entire work from drumstick cultivation to selling it. You do not even need to hire any employee for this because you can do this work alone.
Profits from drumstick farming business
The profit in cultivation of drumstick is very high. Because in this you can earn by selling all three of drumstick fruits, flowers and leaves, because all three of them are sold in the market. There is also a lot of demand for all three things. If you plant it in even 1 acre of land, then you can easily earn up to 6 lakh rupees per annum.
In this way, from the business of cultivating drumstick, you can get more profit in less money. It is a very beneficial plant as it has medicinal properties. Therefore, its demand in the market is also very high. That's why you can earn money by starting this business after losing your job.
To start drumstick farming business you can take GST Registration for a big level business.
You need to take FSSAI REGISTRATION AND FARM REGISTRATION FOR YOUR SECURITY.