Latest FAQs on GST in 2020 and 2021Hemlata Khandelwal / 2021-04-03 04:17:10
Q1. Can E-way Bill be generated if one delays filing of GSTR-1?
No. In the recent changes in the Act, it was made impossible to generate E-way bill in the case of delay in filing of GSTR-1. If GSTR 1 not filed for a quarter or 2 months on a case to case basis, the provision to generate such Eway bill will be blocked.
Q2. Has E-Invoicing become mandatory under GST Registration?
After April 2020, if a registered person has an aggregate of over Rs. 100 crore in a financial year then it is mandatory to generate an E-invoice.
Q3. Who can block ITC and what are the grounds?
A. Under new rule 86A of the GST Act, the Commissioner has the power to block the ITC in cases of –
- The Credit has been availed fraudulently.
- ITC has been availed without receipts of goods or services.
- When the ITC has been claimed against the taxes, which are not paid to the government.
Q4. Can ITC be claimed at an unlimited rate?
No, there has been fixed limit as to which ITC can be claimed. The rate is fixed at 10%.
Q5. What is DIN and is it mandatory?
- DIN stands for Document Identification Number. The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs has implemented a framework for electronic
- DIN generation using information technology and automation. It was made obligatory for the purpose of communicating with the taxpayer by the office.
Q6. Is there any relaxation for late non-filing of GSTR-1?
If the taxpayer has failed to file GSTR1 form July 2017 to November 2019 then the taxpayer can file such a return before 10th January 2020 to avoid tax being deducted.
Q7. Who has exemptions for E-voicing?
- Special Economic Zone Units
- A bank, a financial institution, or an insurer, including a non-banking financial firm
- A company that provides services related to the transportation of goods by road in a goods carriage.
- Providers of passenger transportation facilities € Providers of access to the viewing of cinematograph films in multiplex screens.
Q8. How can I cancel E-invoice?
Within 24 hours of the reporting invoice to IRP, a cancellation request may be made using the ‘Cancel API.' The cancellation of IRN will not be authorised if the linked e-way bill is active or checked by the officer during transit.
Q9. When is the extension of filing GST Audit and Annual Return for F.Y 17-18 & F.Y 18-19?
The deadline for submitting the GST Registration Annual Return (GSTR 9) and Audit Report, Reconciliation Statement (GSTR – 9C) for the fiscal year 2017-18 has been extended once more to January 31, 2020.
The deadline for filing GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C for the fiscal year 2018-19 has also been extended to March 31, 2020.
Q10. Should I create a QR Code for B2c supplies?
Yes, a registered individual with an aggregate turnover of more than Rs.500 crores is required to establish a QR code for an unregistered person (B2C invoice).