Step by step process for cancellation of GST registrationHemlata Khandelwal / 2021-03-16 10:29:53
What is the meaning of cancellation of GST registration?
The simple meaning of cancellation of GST registration is that the taxpayer will not be treated as a GST registered person nor he will have to pay or collect GST.
Registration granted under GST can be canceled due to several reasons. Cancellation of GST can be done by the GST department, at its own pace. The person can apply for the cancellation of their registration. In case of the death of a registered person, legal heirs can apply for the cancellation of GST registration. In case the registration has been canceled, there is a provision for its cancellation by the department. Upon cancellation of GST registration, it is mandatory for that person to file a return called a final return.
The ways are given below to cancel the GST registration for each case:
Step by step process for cancellation of GST registration (if your business is less than twenty lakhs):
- Log on to the official GST website and log in there after this choose services and click on "Cancellation of Provisional Registration".
- On the next page, the registration holder will see their GSTIN and business name. Here they have to give a reason for the cancellation of GST registration online.
- They will be asked whether the registration holder has issued any tax challan during that month.
- After this, the GST holder will have to fill in the details of the authorized signatory, location, etc., and submit it with EVC. If they are the owner of a business or a business, he/she must deposit it with a stake. LLPs & Companies must sign the DSC and submit the form.
Note: The above-mentioned things can be followed by taxpayers who have not issued a tax challan. If the GST payer has issued a tax challan, then they will have to adduce the GST REG-16 form.
In other cases the steps to cancel the GST registration are given below:
- To cancel the GST registration, the GST REG-16 form has to be submitted to those who cannot follow the above method. The statutory heirs of the taxpayers who have departed will follow the methods given below.
- To cancel GST, you have to apply along with the GST REG 16 form. You have to provide details of your incoming goods, stock of half-finished and full-finished goods, the date on which the registration has been canceled, liability and payment details in the form.
- An authorized officer will have to order the cancellation of GST in the form of GST REG-19 within thirty days from the date of receipt of the application. Only the officials will decide the date of cancellation of GST and the taxpayer will be informed about it.
The steps for canceling the GST registration by the tax officer are given below:
- If an authorized officer has the right reasons to cancel a person's GST registration, he will send a show-cause notice to the taxpayer in the form of GST REG-17.
- The taxpayer will have to reply in Form-18 within seven days from the date of receipt of the notice as to why his GST registration should not be canceled.
- If the answer of the taxpayer is correct to the officer, the officer will give an order in the form of GST REG-20.
- If the GST registration needs to be canceled, the officer will issue an order in the form of GST REG-19. This order will be sent within thirty (30) days from the date of response to the notice.
If you want to register your business by taking GST Registration online then contact with legal salaah team.