What are the features of income tax department new PortalHemlata Khandelwal / 2021-06-09 12:01:56
What are the features of the income tax department's new Portal?
The Income Tax Department released a newly updated portal on Monday evening for Income Tax Filing. Earlier the site of the department was http://incometaxindiaefilling.gov.in, which was closed on 31st May, and now from 7th June, the new website http://incometax.gov.in has started functioning. The department has asked all the taxpayers to update their mobile numbers and email ids.
People were eagerly waiting for this since morning. Income Tax Department officials said that it may take some time for the website to become stable, then taxpayers will be able to easily take advantage of all its new features. Taxpayers are going to get a lot easier with the new website brought to file ITR. A dashboard has also been created on this website for all types of interactions, questions, and pending actions.
This new portal has been prepared diligently under the government's e-governance plan. This is a completely new portal that makes e-filing easy for you. The purpose of this portal is to provide a single-window for income tax-related services for the taxpayers.
ITR-1 and ITR-4 will be able to be filled by your-self
Now you will be able to file your return yourself. You will not need any professional help. That means you will save money. User interface facility has been given in it. There are some FAQs uploaded on the portal which will make it easier for you to file your return. You will have a dashboard of your own. Notices, notifications, and details everything will be available in one place. Salary, HRA, etc. pre-field forms will be available. A video tutorial is also given.
The Central © Board (B) of Direct (D) Taxes (T), which create or devise methodically policies for the Income Tax Department, said on Saturday that the new e-filing website was released on Monday, though facilities like controlled by or connected to another computer or to a network system of tax payment and mobile app would be operational from June 18.
In the newly released IT department portal, the processing of the Income (I) Tax (T) Return ® (ITR) will be done immediately and a refund will also be issued to taxpayers soon. On this newly launched portal, all the information related to the pending cases of taxpayers will also be available.
If there is any problem then you will get guidance
To help taxpayers in filing an online and offline ITR-1 and ITR-4 and ITR-2 (offline), the software has also been included with answers to frequently asked questions. The department has said in a statement issued in this regard that these facilities will be built up receivable soon for ITR 3, 5, 6, and 7 also.
These special features of the Income-tax department newly released portal
- The newly released portal/website is easier as per the customer's requirements, Income Tax Return-1, 4 can be filled by the taxpayers.
- It will be easy to file ITR and a refund will also be available quickly.
- All affairs and deals and statements, transfer (data) from one computer to another and under consideration actions will be revealed on a single dashboard so that appropriators are able to review them and accept the fact or process of function something as per the need.
- This will make it very easy to file ITR, review it, and take any action.
- Software for preparation of Income Tax Return filing is available free of cost for both online and offline situations.
- It will also have the facility of assisting the taxpayers and will also get the option of pre-filing, so that minimum data entry has to be done
- All the necessary features of the desktop portal will soon be available on the mobile app as well.
- A method or a system for the payment of tax is completely new this will be introduced in the newly released portal, in which there will be many payment options like UPI, Inter-Net Banking, NEFT, RTGS, etc.