Five FAQs on the transfer of PF of employeesHemlata khandelwal / 2021-03-26 07:32:02
- How will a member know that they need a PF transfer?
If any person has more than one PF member ID (MID) and the PF amount of these MIDs is not transferred to the latest MID, the member must transfer their PF to their current MID.
- What is the involvement of UAN in the online transfer of PF?
The Universal Account Number (UAN) serves as an umbrella for multiple member IDs assigned to an individual by different employers. UAN enables linking of multiple EPF accounts (member IDs) PF Registration allocated to a single member. UAN dynamically updated UAN card, updated PF passbook with all transfer-in details, facility to link past members' PF ID to current PF ID, monthly SMS about monthly credit to PF account and auto rigidity transfer request Provides convenience for on changing employment.
- What is the need for all information at the time of applying for an online PF transfer?
For online PF transfer, please ensure the following-
- Employees should activate their UAN on the official website of EPF. The mobile number used for activation must also be activated as the OTP will be sent to this number.
- The Aadhaar number, the bank account of the employee should have been seeded against the UAN.
- The previous employment exit date must have been recorded.
- The employer should have approved the e-KYC.
- One request of transfer can be accepted against the previous member ID.
- Personal details indicated under "Member Profile" must be verified and confirmed before applying.
- Is the exit date for the previous job/employment mandatory to apply for an online transfer? What are the required rules for updating the exit date?
Yes, an update of the previous or last employment exit date is mandatory for applying for an online transfer. The date of exit can be updated only two months after leaving the job. Besides, the date of exit can be any date in the month in which the last contribution was made by the previous employer. This is Aadhaar based feature for one-time password (OTP). Thus it can only be used by those who have activated their UAN and linked their UAN with a verified Aadhaar number and connected the mobile to the Aadhaar number to receive the OTP sent for verification.
- What is the process to update the exit date?
- Go to the official EPF website and log in using your UAN and password.
- Click on the tab "Management" and click on "Exit Icon". Under the "Choose employment" dropdown, select the number of the previous PF account associated with your UAN
- Enter the exit date and reason.
- Then an OTP is requested which will be sent to your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- After registering the OTP, submit the request. It can remember that once the date of exit is updated it cannot be changed.