How to start chalk making business with ROCHemlata Khandelwal / 2022-03-25 11:05:59
The use of chalk is very much in most of the schools and colleges of India. Chalk is used for taking classes in different types of schools. The main reason for this is that the black board written with chalk can be cleaned easily. At the same time, the number of schools and colleges are increasing day by day. So a better profit can be easily made from small business of chalk.
What are the materials required for making blackboard chalk?
Blackboard Chalk Making Raw Material:
Following are the raw material and the cost required for the business of making chalk.
- Plaster of Paris: Rs 8.5 per kg
- Kerosene : Rs 40 per liter
Blackboard Chalk Making Machine:
A special type of mold or machine is found for making chalk. With the help of this machine, any person can easily make chalk. If you want to do this business on a small scale, then no machine is required, although there are many types of machines for this on a large scale.
What is the process of making chalk?
The process of making chalk can be carried out both by mould and by machine. However, learning to make chalk using a small-scale mould is essential. Here the process of making chalk with the help of a mould is being given.
With the help of mould:
- First of all, you need to make a solution of plaster of paris with the help of water.
- Apply kerosene or any oil in the chalk making mold with the help of a brush, so that the chalk does not stick to the mold and is removed easily.
- After this, you need to take this solution in a mug and pour it into the mold. Putting the solution in this mold, it is required to put it equally in all the holes with the help of a painting brush. It is left like this for at least 20 minutes.
- If you want to make color chalk, then you need to mix the required color in this plaster of paris solution. You can add any color you want to it.
- The number of chalks you can make in one go generally depends on the size of your mould. By the way, 200 to 300 chalks can be made in 15 minutes from any medium sized mould.
- After this, the chalk needs to be removed from this mold and dried in the sun. Once dried in the sun, the chalk made by you is ready for packing.
- While making chalk, it should be kept in mind that plaster of paris is of good quality, otherwise the chalk breaks quickly.
With the help of machine:
- Chalks can also be made easily with the help of a machine. The process of making chalk is similar to that of the mould.
- Making chalk with the help of a machine, however, does not require much work and the chalk can be made in large numbers in a very short time.
What is the cost of a blackboard chalk-making business?
- Blackboard Chalk Making Business Cost:
To set up this business on a small scale, a maximum of Rs 10,000 is required. In this money you will get a better mold and all the necessary raw material. However, for setting up this business on a large scale, you need a capital of up to 1 lakh.
- Required Place For Blackboard Chalk Making Business:
The machine required to set up this business is of medium size. With the help of this machine, more chalk can be made in less time. At least 200 sqm space is required to make chalk easily by sitting this machine.
- Blackboard Chalk Making Business Profit:
About 8 to 10 thousand rupees can be earned per month from this business. If the machine is of large size and production is better then this profit can also be doubled. However, for this you also need to focus on your marketing, so that you can get profit on your product.
What registration is required for the business of making blackboard chalk?
To do business on a large scale, you need to register your company. Apart from this, you also need to obtain (ROC) private limited company registration and trade license. You need to create a PAN card and a bank account in the name of your company. If you want, you can set up your company as SSI.
Packaging of blackboard chalk:
Making chalk, it requires special packing. Chalk often breaks due to excessive force, so it needs to be packed in such a way that the chalk cannot break in any way. For this you have to use boxes. The number of chalks in a packet is 100. If you make packets of your brand, then your brand will be easily promoted.