1. Keeping in mind the potential difficulty for ESI beneficiaries, (the person who has ESI registration) some ESIC hospitals have been converted to function as COVID hospitals. Now, ESI beneficiaries of fixed hospitals can avail medical services through non-Covid 19 tie-up hospitals.
2. EPFO, ESIC, and Ministry of Labor have released this important information in the public interest, take advantage of the time
What are the medical benefits?
1. Medical benefits are provided to insured persons who do not fall into insurable employment with permanent disabilities.
2. Retired insured persons can avail of medical benefits at the rate of Rs.10 / per month on payment of advance lump-sum contribution for one year.
What are the new dates for filing ESI contributions?
As a relief measure for its stakeholders, because of the difficulties faced by the people during the Covid-19 lock-down, the ESI contribution filing period for February has been extended to May 15, 2020.
What are the punishments?
No penalty will be levied on the installations during the extended period. Also, there will be no interest or loss in the Covid-19 lock-down period.
Permission to purchase medicines from private chemists
In this difficult time of the Corona crisis, ESI has taken steps to reduce the hardship of its beneficiaries. Due to this, ESIC has now allowed the purchase of medicines by beneficiaries from private chemists during the lockdown period. Later it will be reimbursed by ESIC.
What to do if the validity of the medical card runs out?
In case of expiry of the validity of the ESI card during the Covid-19 epidemic, the beneficiaries are available to get the benefits of medical under rules 60 and 61 of ESI (Central Rules) till 30.06.2020.
Payment of approx. Rs. 41 crore has been sent to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries in March 2020 in respect of payment of permanent disability benefits and dependents' benefits.
Covid-19 and in-covid hospitals will be able to get treatment
In this sequence, another important decision was taken on 8 April. Accordingly, ESIC Hospitals ESIC Hospitals have been converted into Corona COVID19 Hospitals for the benefit of the beneficiaries. Now the beneficiaries of these fixed and fixed hospitals can undergo non-Covid Medical Services other than corona from other hospitals contracted with ESI.
What are the other benefits?
Apart from these, the following relief measures have been taken for the insured and beneficiaries: -
1. Reimbursement will be made for the purchase of medicines by ESI beneficiaries from private chemists.
2.ESI beneficiaries may refer tie-up hospitals to provide secondary / SST counseling/admissions/checkups within the stipulated period when the concerned Employees State Insurance Corporation Hospital functions as a dedicated Covid-19 hospital.
3. ESI beneficiaries can also receive emergency / non-emergency medical treatment directly from tie-up hospitals.
If you need any help on any business registrations feel free to contact us +91 8766393412, Our Business adviser will clear your doubt.